These questions to ask your partner to get to know them better are so much fun!
Asking questions allows you to learn more about each other and also is a great way to strengthen your relationship and make for entertaining conversations.
Whether you’re dating, engaged, or married, get to know your partner better with these intriguing questions!
This post is all about questions to ask your partner to get to know them better.
Questions To Ask Your Partner To Get To Know Them Better
When you are newly dating it’s important to learn all about the person you are with.
Everything from their childhood, their likes, dislikes, goals, fantasies, etc…I always say the more you can learn about the person you’re with, the better!
These questions are fun to ask, even if you’ve been with your partner for years and maybe already know the answers.
I love asking my husband questions, even if I think I know what he’s going to say…there are times he ends up surprising me.
Try asking the same questions at different points throughout your relationship.
It can be fun, entertaining, bring the two of you closer together, and keep the sparks flying!
What Are Good Questions To Ask Your Partner?
Good questions to ask your partner to get to know them better are open-ended and encourage thoughtful responses. They delve into various aspects of their life, interests, values, and experiences.
These questions can be about their past, their dreams for the future, their preferences, their beliefs, or their emotions. When you ask your partner questions to get to know them better make sure to listen actively and engage in follow-up questions. Doing this will deepen your conversation and show that you’re genuinely interested in understanding your partner.
100 Questions To Ask Your Partner
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
2. Who was your favorite teacher growing up?
3. What was your favorite subject in high school?
4. Did you play sports when you were younger? If so what was your favorite sport to play?
5. Did you ever have any nicknames as a child?
6. Do you have any nicknames now?
7. What was your favorite food as a child?
8. What was your least favorite food as a child?
9. Were you named after anyone? If so, who?
10. How many siblings do you have?
11. Who was the disciplinarian in your family?
12. Which parent were you the closest to growing up?
13. Who was your childhood best friend?
14. Do you have any allergies?
15. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
16. Are you a dog or a cat person?
17. If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
18. What do you consider to be your weirdest habit?
19. Do you have any quirks I don’t know about?
Fun Questions To Ask Your Partner
These lighthearted inquiries can break the ice, create laughter, and foster a relaxed atmosphere that encourages openness and genuine conversation
20. What is your astrological sign?
21. What is your biggest strength?
22. What is your biggest weakness?
23. What is your best talent?
24. What is your favorite style of music?
25. What is your favorite song?
26. Do you like to cook?
27. What is your all-time favorite meal?
28. What is your favorite clothing style?
29. What is your favorite movie genre?
30. What is your favorite movie?
31. What is your favorite book?
32. What is your favorite holiday?
33. Do you have any bad habits?
34. What is your love language?
35. What are your spiritual or religious beliefs?
36. Do you want to have kids? If so how many?
37. Do you want to have pets? What kind of pets do you want to have?
38. What are you the most scared of?
39. When do you feel the most loved?
40. What goals do you have for our relationship?
41. Where do you want to live in the future?
42. Are you happy with our sex life?
43. What is your biggest pet peeve?
44. What is the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
45. What is your favorite thing about where we live?
Intimate Questions To Ask Your Partner
Asking your partner intimate questions is a good way to cultivate trust, emotional intimacy, and a deeper understanding of each other. These intimate questions help uncover your partner’s desires, fears, and past struggles, fostering empathy and a stronger emotional bond between you both.
46. What is your conflict style?
47. Have you ever cheated on a past partner?
48. Why did your past relationships end?
49. What is the most important thing to you in a relationship?
50. Where do you see our relationship in 5 years?
51. Who made the biggest impact on you as a child?
52. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason or that everything just happens?
53. If you weren’t afraid of anything what would you do differently in your life?
54. What is your favorite thing about our relationship?
55. What is one thing you would change about our relationship?
56. Where would you want to retire?
57. What are you the most excited about in the future?
58. How can I best be there for you when you are struggling?
59. When we are with my family do you still feel like you are my number one?
Deep Questions To Ask Your Partner
Asking your partner deep questions is essential for developing a profound understanding of who they are at their core. These types of questions dive into their beliefs, values, and life experiences.
60. Do you have any deal breakers?
61. What did you learn about marriage from relationships you observed growing up?
62. What is your dream career?
63. What things could I do more of for you to make you feel loved?
64. If you need advice from your parents which parent do you go to?
65. Do you believe in karma?
66. Who is your celebrity crush?
67. What is your favorite sports team?
68. What is your favorite sport?
69. What is your guilty pleasure?
70. What is one of your romantic fantasies?
Random Questions To Ask Your Partner
By asking random questions you can discover little tidbits about your partner that otherwise may have remained hidden.
71. What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
72. If you won a million dollars and had to spend it all, what would you spend it on?
73. What is your dream car?
74. Do you ever sing to yourself?
75. If you got tickets to a Broadway show, what show would you go see?
76. What is your favorite outfit that I wear?
77. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
78. Describe your dream vacation?
79. What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?
80. What is your favorite thing we do together?
81. What do you wish we did more of?
Funny Questions To Ask Your Partner
Asking your partner funny questions can bring joy and laughter into your relationship while allowing you to explore their sense of humor and playful side. You can uncover your partner’s comedic preferences and funny anecdotes.
82. If you were an animal, what would you be?
83. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
84. Have you ever met a famous person? If so, who, when, where?
85. Do you know how to whistle?
86. What is the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
87. What is the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
88. What is something no one else knows about you?
89. What is your favorite intimate memory we’ve made together?
90. Do you have any intimate thoughts about me during the day?
91. Have you ever gone sky diving?
92. What countries have you traveled to?
93. What is your favorite word?
94. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
95. What is your favorite season of the year?
96. What is your favorite place to shop?
97. What is one thing you believed when you were younger that you’ve now changed your mind about?
98. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you in public?
99. If you were a fictional character, who would you be and why?
100. If animals could talk, which one do you think would offer the best advice?
Good Questions To Ask Your Partner To Get To Know Them Better
Asking a variety of questions – whether they are funny, fun, deep, or intimate – can greatly enhance your understanding of your partner. Funny questions bring joy and lightheartedness, fun questions foster a playful connection, deep questions unveil their beliefs and values, while intimate questions create a space for vulnerability and emotional intimacy.
By exploring the spectrum of questions, you can create a well-rounded understanding of your partner’s personality, interests, and aspirations. Doing so can strengthen your bond and build a deeper connection as you both discover more about each other.
I hope you and your partner enjoyed these questions as much as we enjoyed coming up with them.
The more you communicate with your partner and continue to learn about one another, the deeper your connection will grow!
Other Posts You May Like:
- 117 Insanely Fun Would You Rather Questions For Couples
- DIY: Free Printable Love Coupons For Him
- 141 Flirty Never Have I Ever Questions For Couples
Pin to remember this post!