This what did the groom say bridal shower game is such a fun addition to any bridal shower.
This game happens to be one of our all-time favorite bridal shower games to play.
For this bridal shower game, the groom is asked a series of questions.
Guests and/or the bride have to figure out what his answers to the questions were.
In this post, we share everything you need to know about playing the what did the groom say game.
You’ll discover how to play (we share 2 of the best versions of this game) and also a wide variety of fun questions for you to ask the groom.
This post is all about the what did the groom say game.
Fun What Did The Groom Say Bridal Shower Game
Playing games at a bridal shower is a must!
If you’re planning a bridal shower be sure to check out our free printable checklist.
It will help you with everything you need to consider when planning a bridal shower from start to finish.
As far as playing games at a bridal shower goes, this What Did The Groom Say game is always a winner!
It’s fun, playful, easy to do, and sure to get a ton of laughs.
How To Play What Did The Groom Say
There are 2 ways that you can play this bridal shower game.
We will be going over both versions in detail below.
However, version #2 is our all-time favorite way to play!
Version #1 What Did the Groom Say – The Guests Play
To play version #1 you will need the following:
You can purchase these cute What Did The Groom Say game cards that have several questions on them.
At the bridal shower you will hand out a what did the groom say game card to each of the guests.
Guests will fill out their answers to the questions.
The guest who gets the most correct answers wins!
This game is a blast, it gives guests the chance to learn a few fun facts about the bride but also get creative in thinking about what the groom said.
RELATED POST: Best Final Fiesta Bachelorette Party Ideas
Version #2 What Did The Groom Say – The Bride Plays (Our Fave!!)
This version of what did the groom say is our favorite way to play this bridal shower game.
I’ve thrown a lot of bridal showers over the years and this version of what did the groom say is one that still gets talked about because it was such a fun surprise for the bride-to-be.
Instead of guests guessing the answers to what the groom said about his bride, you will be asking the bride herself.
When done correctly, this version does take a little more thought and effort and there are that steps must be completed BEFORE the bridal shower, but it is totally worth it!
And no worries, we are going to cover everything you need to make this version of what did the groom say game a success!
Step #1 Put together a list of questions to ask the groom about the bride.
We’ve found this game to be the most fun when the bride does not know that her friends are meeting with the groom privately to ask him these questions.
If she does find out or needs to know, make sure that the groom is sworn to secrecy so that he does not reveal any of the questions that were asked to him before the bridal shower.
What Did The Groom Say Questions
Asking a variety of different style questions seems to work the best for this what did the groom say bridal shower game.
You will want to ask a combination of questions that have theoretical answers as well as ones with definitive answers.
Selecting 10 to 15 what did the groom say questions is what we’ve found to work the best for this game.
- What year did the bride graduate high school?
- Where did you and the bride first travel together?
- What was the name of the bride’s first pet?
- What is the bride’s dream place to live?
- What was the bride’s first job?
RELATED POST: Incredibly Cute Guess Who Bride Or Groom Free Printable
- What did you and the bride do for your second date?
- Who would the bride say made the first move – you or her?
- What is the bride’s shoe size?
- What is something that always makes the bride laugh?
- How does the bride order her pizza?
- What is the bride’s favorite color?
What Did The Groom Say Funny Questions
- Where did you and the bride meet?
- Where did you and the bride share your first kiss?
- Would the bride rather lounge around in her PJs or dress up and go out on the town?
- What is the bride’s idea of a dream vacation?
- What is the bride’s favorite show to binge-watch over and over again?
- What is the bride’s favorite physical possession?
RELATED POST: Super Fun Whats On Your Phone Game + Free Printable
- What is the bride’s least favorite chore?
- What is the bride’s dream job?
- Who is the bride’s celebrity crush?
- What is the bride’s biggest pet peeve or annoyance?
- What is the bride’s favorite dessert?
- If the bride could have a superpower what would it be?
- If the bride could give you a superpower what superpower would she give you?
- How would the bride describe her perfect day?
- What does the bride do that always makes you smile?
- What is the bride’s guilty pleasure?
- Who said I love you first, you or the bride?
Step #2 Meet With The Groom
Meet with the groom before the bridal shower and record him answering the questions that you ask.
This can be easily accomplished with the use of a smartphone.
Simply ask a question like “What shoe size does the bride wear?“.
Turn on the camera and record his response.
During the shower – you will play the recorded answers of the groom on a television.
The bride will love this surprise!
How To Play What Did The Groom Say – Version #2
Step 1 – Have the bride sit down by the television that will be used to display the groom’s answers.
Step 2 – Inform the bride and the guests that you had the opportunity to meet with the groom and ask him a series of questions about the bride…
It’s now the bride’s job to guess what his answers to the questions were!
If the bride is up to the challenge you can spice things up by informing her that she will need to chew one piece of bubblegum for every missed question.
This can add some extra fun to the game!
When you think about it, you’ve asked the groom 10 to 15 questions. So if she doesn’t get several of the questions correct that can really be a mouthful of gum!
Step 3 – Read the question aloud to the bride that you had asked her groom.
Step 4 – The bride answers the question with what she thinks her groom said.
Step 5 – You then play the video of the groom answering the same question.
If she gets the question correct she doesn’t have to chew a piece of gum but if she misses she does.
This game is meant to be fun and lighthearted.
It is a good way to see how well the groom knows his bride as well as how well the bride can figure out how the groom will answer the questions.
Again, this has been an all-time favorite at several bridal showers.
It is something fun and special that the bride-to-be will always remember.
He Said She Said Bridal Shower Game
No bridal shower is complete without a few fun bridal shower games and this Guess Who Bride Or Groom game is always a great one to add to the list.
To play Guess Who Bride Or Groom, each guest is given a playing card with a series of questions on it.
Guests must “guess who the bride or the groom” the statement is referring to.
The guest with the most correct answers wins this bridal shower game.
FREE Printable Bridal Shower Games You Will Love!
- Guess Who Bride Or Groom
- How Well Do You Know The Bride
- What’s On Your Phone Game
- The Best Bachelorette Scavenger Hunt For A Fabulous Night Out
- What’s In Your Purse Game
This post was all about the what did the groom say game.
OTHER POSTS YOU MAY LIKE:
- How To Plan A Bridal Shower She Will Absolutely Love
- 15 Insanely Awesome Bachelorette Party Themes
- The Best Would She Rather Bridal Shower Game
Pin to remember!
Chrissy Biamonte – Founder at Bold & Bubbly, your ultimate destination for date ideas, party planning tips, conversation starters, and more. With over 15 years in health and fitness, Chrissy is passionate about the balance between wellness and nurturing meaningful relationships. Join her at Bold & Bubbly where we explore, inspire, and create unforgettable moments!