Bridal Jeopardy is a fun and popular game to play at bridal showers. It allows the bride and her guests to test their knowledge, laugh, and make lasting memories!
Playing games at a bridal shower is one of the best ways to add some excitement and entertainment to the gathering.
Here you’ll find everything you need to make this Bridal Shower Jeopardy game a wild success at the bridal shower you’re throwing.
So gather up your guests, grab some snacks and a special drink, and get ready for a fun and memorable game of Bridal Jeopardy!
INCLUDED IN THIS POST:
- What is Bridal Jeopardy?
- How To Play Bridal Shower Jeopardy?
- Best Categories For Bridal Jeopardy
- Bridal Jeopardy Questions
- How To Make A Bridal Jeopardy Game
- Best Bridal Jeopardy Games
What Is Bridal Jeopardy?
Bridal Jeopardy is a game frequently played at bridal showers or bachelorette parties. Basically, the game is a spin-off from the popular game show Jeopardy. The categories and questions included in bridal jeopardy are designed to test the knowledge of the bride-to-be and her guests with everything wedding related. These categories and questions can be very specific to the bride and groom getting married or more general.
How To Play Bridal Shower Jeopardy
Bridal Jeopardy is a blast to play and really quite easy to setup as well! The following steps will give you a simple break down of how to play the game.
Divide Guests Into Teams
Depending on how many guests you have you can divide them into two to three teams. Every team needs to have a team captain. So after your teams are created instruct them to select one person as the captain.
Just like in traditional Jeopardy – the game host will ask questions from a chosen category worth a specific amount of points. The first team to hit the buzzer with the correct answer earns those points. If they get the question wrong, the other team gets the opportunity to answer the question.
You’ll need to keep track of each team’s score while you play. Using a whiteboard or a simple blank sheet of paper works great to tally up each team’s points.
Play Through All The Categories And Questions
Bridal Jeopardy continues until all the categories and questions have been played. Whichever team has the most points at the end of the game is the winner!
RELATED: 13 Bridal Shower Prizes That Will Wow Your Guests
How To Set Up Bridal Shower Jeopardy
Set up the game area for bridal jeopardy. You’ll need to arrange chairs or stools for the teams to sit on while they play. Set up the game board and scorecard on a table. Give each team a buzzer or bell.
Best Categories For Bridal Jeopardy
There are several entertaining categories you can choose from for bridal jeopardy. On this list we’ve included some of our favorite categories for this game.
This “The Bride” category can include all questions about the bride-to-be – such as her favorite food, color, pet peeves, etc.
RELATED: The Best Would She Rather Bridal Shower Game Free Printable
This “The Groom” category, much like the bride category can include all questions related to the groom. Such as – where the groom was born, his favorite pastime activity, dessert, etc.
The Couple’s Relationship
The “The Couple’s Relationship” category can include questions like how the couple met, who made the first move, or other significant moments they’ve experienced together in their relationship.
The “Wedding Traditions” category could include questions about traditional wedding customs. You can include wedding customs from a variety of different cultures or time periods.
The “Honeymoon Destinations” category can include questions about the couple’s chosen destination as well as questions about other popular honeymoon destinations.
The “Wedding Planning” category could include questions about wedding planning – such as logistics, timeframe, venues, vendors, etc.
The “Wedding Gifts” category can include questions related to gift-giving etiquette and popular wedding gift ideas.
Wedding Food And Drink
The “Wedding Food And Drink” category could include questions related to menus and beverages served at weddings or you can be more specific and cater these questions around the soon-to-be newlywed’s wedding menu and drink plans.
The “Wedding Etiquette” category can include questions about the proper etiquette for wedding guests, like what to wear, when to give gifts, RSVP timelines, etc.
The “Wedding Music” category could include questions that the bride and groom intend to use at their upcoming wedding, or these questions could be based on traditional wedding music.
Bridal Shower Jeopardy Questions
1. What is the name of the person that officiates a wedding ceremony?
2. What is the name of the song traditionally played for the first dance at the reception?
3. What do you call the bride’s closest female friend or family member who helps with the wedding planning?
4. What is the name of the long, decorative table where the bride and groom sit at the reception?
5. What is the traditional color of a wedding dress?
6. What is the term for the pre-wedding celebration where the bride and groom receive gifts?
7. What is the traditional gift given to guests as a thank you for attending the wedding?
8. Who is the person that traditionally walks the bride down the aisle?
9. What is the popular wedding song by Etta James?
Traditional Wedding Questions For Bridal Jeopardy
10. What is the traditional flower used as the centerpiece of the wedding ceremony?
11. What is the name of the popular wedding song by Christina Perri?
12. What do you call the person who makes sure that everything is running smoothly on the wedding day?
13. What is the name of the popular wedding song by Ed Sheeran?
14. What is the name of the traditional dance where the bride dances with her father?
15. What is the name of the traditional dance where the groom dances with his mother?
16. What is the traditional name of the man who stands next to the groom at a wedding ceremony?
17. What is the name of the person who designs and creates the bride’s dress?
18. What is the term for the traditional wedding ceremony where the bride and groom jump over a broomstick?
19. What is the traditional term for the promises the bride and groom make to each other during a wedding ceremony?
20. What is the name of the person responsible for the music at a wedding reception?
Bridal Jeopardy Questions About The Bride
Although these bridal jeopardy questions are written about the bride, these questions also work well for questions about the groom.
1. What is the bride’s favorite movie?
2. What is the bride’s middle name?
3. What is the bride’s favorite food?
4. What is the bride’s dream vacation?
5. What is the bride’s favorite color?
6. What is the bride’s favorite hobby?
7. What is the bride’s shoe size?
8. What is the bride’s favorite animal?
9. What is the bride’s favorite book?
10. What is the bride’s favorite cuisine?
11. What is the bride’s favorite flavor of ice cream?
12,. What is the bride’s favorite way to relax?
13. What is the bride’s favorite holiday?
14. What is the bride’s favorite childhood memory?
15. What is the bride’s favorite TV show?
16. What is the bride’s favorite type of flower?
17. What is the bride’s zodiac sign?
18. What is the bride’s favorite form of exercise?
19. What is the bride’s favorite pizza topping?
20. What is the bride’s favorite season?
21. What is the bride’s favorite way to spend a free day?
22. What is the bride’s favorite type of chocolate?
23. What is the bride’s favorite hot beverage?
Bridal Jeopardy Questions About A Honeymoon
1. Where is the couple going on their honeymoon?
2. How long will the couple be on their honeymoon?
3. What are the couple’s preferred accommodations for their honeymoon?
4. What is the activity the couple is most excited to do on their honeymoon?
5. What is one thing the couple will be sure to pack for their honeymoon?
6. What is the couple’s preferred way to stay in touch with their families during their honeymoon?
7. What are the couple the most nervous about with their honeymoon?
8. What are the couple most excited about for their honeymoon?
9. What is the couple’s preferred climate for their honeymoon?
10. What season do the couple prefer to take their honeymoon?
11. What souvenir do the couple plan to take home from their honeymoon?
12. What outdoor activity do the couple plan to do on their honeymoon?
Bridal Jeopardy Questions To Ask About The Couple
1. When did the couple first meet?
2. What was the couple’s first date?
3. What is the couple’s song?
4. What is the couple’s favorite restaurant?
5. What is the couple’s favorite movie?
6. What is a hobby the couple most loves doing together?
7. How long have the couple been together?
8. How long has the couple been engaged?
9. Where did the couple get engaged?
10. What is the couple’s favorite holiday?
11. What is the name of the couple’s pet?
12. What is the couple’s favorite season?
13. What is the couple’s favorite game?
14. How do the couple like to spend a lazy Sunday?
15. What is the couple’s favorite TV show to binge-watch?
16. What is the couple’s favorite meal to cook together?
17. What is the couple’s dream vacation?
RELATED: 50+ Best He Said She Said Bridal Shower Game Questions
Funny Bachelorette Jeopardy Questions
These questions are perfect if you’re playing this bridal jeopardy game at a bachelorette party.
1. What did the bride first think of the groom?
2. What is the bride’s favorite feature of the groom?
3. What was the groom’s most embarrassing moment in front of the bride’s family?
4. What is one thing the groom does that drives the bride crazy?
5. What is one thing the bride would like to change about the groom?
6. What is the strangest thing the bride has ever had to eat?
7. What is the weirdest date the bride and groom have been on together?
8. What was the bride’s nickname in high school?
9. What is the most embarrassing thing the bride has ever done in public?
10. What is the most embarrassing thing the couple has ever done together?
11. What is the most annoying habit the bride has?
12. Who is the funniest member of the wedding party?
13. Who is the wildest member of the wedding party?
14. Who in the wedding party has known the bride the longest?
15. Who in the wedding party has known the groom the longest?
16. What is the most embarrassing thing the groom has said to the bride in public?
17. What unusual talent does the groom have?
Save your most challenging questions for the final jeopardy round. You don’t need to have a final jeopardy round but it can be a lot of fun and a good tiebreaker round (should you need it). You can give the final jeopardy question a designated point value OR you can have teams bet all their points on the final jeopardy question.
Remember to keep this game light-hearted and enjoyable for all the guests! It’s a bridal shower game meant for fun, laughs, and memories.
How To Make Bridal Jeopardy Game
To make a Bridal Jeopardy game, follow these steps:
Choose Your Categories
Decide on which categories you want to include in the game. Such as bride, groom, couple’s relationship, wedding traditions, honeymoon destinations, wedding planning, wedding gifts, wedding food and drink, wedding etiquette, and or wedding music. It’s best to choose 4 to 5 categories.
Write Out Your Questions
For each category, you will need to write questions worth different amounts of points. Using point values like 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 is best. The value of the questions ranges from fewer points for the easy questions to the most points for the difficult questions. Include 5 to 6 questions for each category.
Create A Game Board
If you are crafty there are several examples of Bridal Jeopardy game boards that you can find online.
When making a bridal jeopardy game board you can really get as creative as you wish.
Draw or print out a game board with your chosen categories and point values. You can even use a whiteboard or a poster board to draw the game with markers.
My favorite way to make a bridal jeopardy game board is using a trifold poster board.
Across the top of the poster board write your categories.
Under each category glue the envelopes below. Each envelope should have within it a bridal jeopardy question. On the outside of the envelope write the number of points that question is worth.
Best Bridal Jeopardy Games
If you’d prefer to purchase a bridal jeopardy game – we have you covered! Here are some of our favorite bridal jeopardy games for purchase.
Bridal Jeopardy Printable Game
This bridal jeopardy game printable game provides printable cutouts in order to print your game at home to save time and expenses! The display board and colorful paper are not included.
Customizable Jeopardy Template
If you’re looking for a digital Jeopardy game – this customizable Jeopardy template can work great! You’ll enjoy a custom, editable Jeopardy game. With this game – simply make edits to fit your bridal shower or bachelorette party!
Bridal Shower Jeopardy
This Bridal Shower Jeopardy game comes with 5 Category/Title Sheets, 5 number sheets, 1 Daily Double sheet, and 26 answer sheets, as well as the key with the questions and answers.
Bridal Shower Jeopardy Vinyl Labels
These Bridal Shower Jeopardy Game Labels can help you to make your game board much easier! This bundle includes “Bridal Jeopardy” title, 5 Categories, 5 100’s, 5 200’s, 5 300’s, 5 400’s, and 5 500’s.
Editable Bridal Shower Jeopardy
This editable Bridal Jeopardy is a good option for playing this game. It includes 7 categories, so you can choose which of the 5 you want to play. With the minimalistic style of this board – it is an easy match to most bridal shower and bachelorette party themes!
Bridal Jeopardy Questions
Bridal Jeopardy is a popular game choice for both bridal showers and bachelorette parties. I hope that these categories and questions are helpful. Pick your favorites to use or as inspiration to create your own for this bridal shower game!
Your guests are sure to have fun, laugh, and even learn something new about the bride and groom with this game!
This post was all about bridal jeopardy.
Other Posts You May Like:
Leave a Reply